Friday, July 2, 2010

Awesome Free Game - League Of Legends


It's not often I find a single game that can pique my interest enough to make me want to rave about it, especially one that's free. However, League Of Legends has done just that. League of Legends was created modeling DoTA, a very widely used Warcraft III mod. If you have never heard of DoTA, don't feel bad. I hadn't either when I began playing. However the game is simple to catch on to, it just takes a little time and tweaking to master. It's a MOBA (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena) with over 40 completely different and unique champions to choose from. When I say unique, I mean unique. You can choose to play a pirate named Gangplank, a mummy named Anunu, or even be a werewolf named Warwick. Don't fret over which champion you choose the first battle because you get to reselect your champion every match you play. On to the gameplay. They currently offer two maps, a 5 vs 5 and 3 vs 3. The 3 vs 3 is perfect if you are have a limited amount of time to play or if you are just starting out since they are typically much shorter than the 5 vs 5. The game is completely free and they give you 10 champions to choose from at a time. These champions rotate every week to a set of 10 different champions, keeping you on your toes, entertained, and trying new strategies. If you find that you are really set on a certain champion you do have the option of purchasing RP (Riot Points) and unlocking champions for you to own permanently, however I have been completely content with playing the 10 free champions I'm given every week. The RP can also be used to unlock outfits or bonuses. New content and playable characters are also released every other week so you are guaranteed to never get bored. Try League Of Legends out for yourself and let me know what you think. If you like any kind of action/hack and slash/RPG, then trust me, you won't be dissappointed.
Also, if you try LoL and like it, leave a comment on my page or send me an e-mail and I will add you to my newsletter which includes helpful hints and tips as well as strategies and builds for LoL. Good luck and happy hunting.

1 comment:

  1. I have to say I actually hate not having all the heroes, but at least it gives you something to strive for, influence points. Since there is only 10 free heroes each week and the cycle is completely random, it makes you want to collect all the heroes which can be earned through sheer dedicated playing! I play both DotA and LoL but I'm seeming to like LoL more now.

    ReplyDelete